Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Game time approaching?

I am so behind on this blogging thing. You would think with all the bed rest I have had, blogging would be something I could do more often. However, when you're stuck inside on most days there isn't much excitement going on.

We are nearing the end and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel which hopefully means it will be game time soon. I am so ready to meet this little baby of ours and see how he looks, hear his little sounds and just get to know him on the outside of my tummy. We have had so much false labor it is ridiculous and makes for some LONG sleepless nights. I say WE because poor Eric has had to endure it as well. If I'm up having contractions, he is up with me the entire time. Our four legged child, Jackson also gets up with us during all the fuss. Friday night it went one from about 1:30 - 4:00. It finally settled down after the nurses told me to take a warm bath, drink A LOT of water and lay on my side. I did all of this, got some relief and therefore some more sleep. The next night however was a different story. I got up at 2:00 with the contractions and LOTS LOTS LOTS of pressure. I tried the bath, water side combo again but with no luck. Still contracting and still pressure. So after around three hours, I got up and got ready to go. Once we got in the car, things started to settle down so I got a little frustrated. We continued to the hospital since it did get closer, stronger and so on but upon arrival things slowed down AGAIN!!! I stayed a few hours and was sent back home on bed rest and was able to get some sleep. Yesterday I was very uncomfortable and started showing all those late signs in pregnancy that they say means your labor is approaching soon, so fingers crossed to have a baby soon and very soon!

Hopefully my next post will include a picture of our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment