Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Daddy's first day of vacation

Bath time can be tough on a little guy!!

Daddy and baby are still sleeping while I enjoy my coffee and bagel, so I figure it was time for a small update. First all, little mister slept 6 hours straight last night and we had to wake him for a feeding.. off to a good start I hope?

Yesterday was Eric's first day of his vacation and it is so wonderful having him home. We got up, I had to have my coffee (non decaf thankfully) and while I showered Eric fed the baby then we got him ready for a bath since he was having newborn photos taken. My fantastic husband let me get ready while he did the bath and got the baby ready... have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is and how he is such a great daddy? He even takes Brody to the mens bathroom to change him when we are out and about. Anyway, we got ready and headed to LR to have newborn photos taken by Kristin Hollensworth and I cannot wait to see them. She was so good with our little man and he was such an angel, didn't cry once the entire two hours we were messing with him. Afterwards, we headed to Five Guys for lunch ( not good for my post baby diet) and then went to the doctor to see how the little man has been growing...... and drumroll please..... we are up to 7lbs. 4oz, 2oz more than birth weight. Way to go Brody!! We may have been an ounce or two less because he wet his diaper on the way to the scale and we didn't know until after, but none the less he is back to the 7 lb. mark and we are excited about it.

Confession... I find myself crying here and there because I am sad my baby is changing so much so fast and is already 11 days old. And then I sometimes cry just because I am so happy to have him here and in my arms, while missing his kicks in my belly at the same time. I can thank those crazy hormones for this one!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are going so well for yall! I can't wait to see the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to update the blog and include a pic of little Brody huh? Just wait until that's the whole blog update...b/c that's all you have time for! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete