Tuesday, April 20, 2010

22 Weeks

22 weeks.....WOW!!! It's so hard to think that I am more than half way done with my first pregnancy. I have become to enjoy being pregnant, even the more roundness of my belly on most days. Everyday I seem to grow a little more, in fact Sunday morning Eric's exact words were " look at that belly". It made me smile and laugh.

Last Thursday we had an ultrasound appointment followed by a visit with our doctor. Brody seemed to be a little shy that morning because he wasn't moving at all for the ultrasound. The technician had me on my back and moving from side to side in order to get certain looks at things. He is approximately one pound now....can't believe it!! His legs look very long to us so hopefully he will be getting some height from his daddy. Everything looked great and she said all his measurements looked like an EDD of August 24th. Just a few days more than the original EDD. I however would like him to arrive just a few weeks before the end of August...talk about a HOT summer!!! He is kicking/moving around quite a bit these days, but Eric has yet to feel him. The other night I was in bed reading and he was moving like crazy but when Eric got home and placed his hands on my belly...NOTHING. Eric went to let the dogs out and he moved some more. Eric came back....Nothing! One day soon though I hope Eric is able to feel the little guy moving around in there. All updates on Brody, mom and dad are wonderful!

In other news, I mentioned in my earlier posts about my good friends who are pregnant as well. One is on bed-rest now and her baby girl will be here any day now. My friend Amanda found out a few weeks before us that she will also be having a little girl and my really good friend Amy found out yesterday she will be having a little girl too. One of our other friends already has a sweet little girl so it looks like Brody will be the man of the play dates and we will have our hands full!

I hope to paint some canvases to hang in his room and give some life to the walls. I'm not too crafty, so hopefully they will turn out. I'll let you know how that goes in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment