Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New to Blogging

While I am definitely unfamiliar with the blogging world, I thought it might be a fun way to keep track of the changes going on in and around our lives. Right now we have the biggest change of all......we are expecting our first child to arrive in August. We could not be happier with this change! To add to this excitement, I have a few friends who are also expecting at this time. It is so fun to be able to ask each other questions and to hear stories of doctors appointments and baby plans from someone going through it at the exact same time as you. I can see many play dates in our future.

As for our pregnancy, things have had their ups and downs but are looking way up now days. I unfortunately became very sick for a about three weeks and was unable to keep much food in my system but am better now and figured out it was all due to the prenatal vitamins. We have had two doctors appointments and the baby is doing great! Our first appointment was so fun because we got to see the tiny thing moving around in there. It was a surreal moment for me and I will never forget it. My second appointment was a spur of the moment since I was sick and Eric was unable to be there but I was able to hear the heartbeat which was in the 150's. Such a good thing to hear after being so sick. I can't wait to go back so that Eric can hear it as well and am looking forward to finding out what Baby Thornberry is going to be!! We have our crib and chest of drawers in and are waiting on a dresser to arrive. Baby shopping or usually just looking is so much fun these days!

I hope to update often and share our excting news as it occurs, until next time I will leave you with our babys first photo.

4 comments:

  1. Well Heather...I am your official first follower. Blogging gets addicting. BUT...it's so much fun. There's so many things you can do with it. Be sure to keep it updated with the latest in the pregnancy news. Check out mine and follow at
    http://sfloyd-nutshell.blogspot.com/
    ZLAM - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you blog, I could have sat and read it all day. Molly is absolutely perfect! Where did you get all of the pregnancy questions throughout the months, they seem like a fun thing to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the little one, Heather! I'm excited for you guys! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather I will be following your blog, even though we see each other at work and talk about everything.lol. I'm just so happy for you guys. You wanted so much to be a mother and I'm so happy that you are finally becoming one. Continue to pray for Kevin and I that we may also feel the joy of being pregnant.love ya.

    ReplyDelete